The Dooars are the floodplains and foothills of the eastern Himalayas in North-East India around Bhutan. Dooar means 'door' in Bengali languages, and the region forms the gateway to Bhutan from India. This region is divided by the Sankosh river into the Eastern and the Western Dooars, consisting of an area of 8,800 km² (3,400 sq mi). The Western Dooars is known as the Bengal Dooars and the Eastern Dooars as the Assam Dooars . Dooars is synonymous with the term Terai used in Nepal and northern India
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please Note that vehicle will not be at disposal it will be available to guest as per itinerary only (point to point basis).
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, joy ride (Toy Train), porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any watch tower visit in Gorumara National Park & Elephant / Jeep safari in Jaldapara.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Room Heater Charges.
- Service Tax.
Anything which is not included in the inclusion.
Day 01: NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport – Jaldapara (120 kms / 4 hrs)
Meet & Greet on arrival at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport & transfer to Jaldapara. On arrival Check-in to hotel & rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at Jaldapara.
Day 02: Jaldapara Wild Life Sanctuary – Lataguri / Chalsa (80 kms / 2 hrs)
Early morning at 06:00 hrs visit Jaldapara Wild Life Sanctuary on back of the Elephant / by Jeep (as per availability & on direct payment basis). Back to hotel for breakfast. Transfer to Lataguri / Chalsa. Overnight stay at Lataguri / Chalsa.
Day 03: Gorumara National Park + Local Sightseeing
Early morning at 06:00 hrs visit Gorumara National Park (Watch Tower visit on direct payment basis) by Jeep. Back to hotel for breakfast. After breakfast visit Samsing, Suntalekhola & Murti River side. In afternoon visit another Watch Tower by Jeep. Overnight stay at Lataguri / Chalsa.
Day 04: Lataguri / Chalsa – NJP Rly Station / IXB airport (90 kms / 3 hrs)
After breakfast Check-out from hotel and take the departure transfers to NJP Railway Station / IXB airport for your onward journey.