Originating from the Western Ghats, Zuari river is the largest in Goa and is ideal for kayaking, boat safaris and birding trips. Kayaking is popular recreational water sport that is not very physically demanding and can be done by people of all levels of fitness. In kayaking, a 'Kayak' is used to navigate the water. Though it is similar to canoeing, the differentiation comes from the manner in which the paddler sits in the craft and the number of blades in the paddle. As you sail, observe the rich biodiversity of coastal Goa and varied species of flora and fauna. Venture into this refreshing water sport amidst the tranquil backwaters of Zuari river.
What is included in the tour
- Sit on top kayaks (Single & Tandem)
- Trip leader and guide
- Accompanying vehicle.
- Life Jackets- 50/70/90 kg. rating
- Snacks(optional), fruits(optional), coolers & bottled drinking water while kayaking
What is NOT included in the tour
- Expenses of personal nature
- Meander through sleepy villages as you kayak, with thick mangroves teeming with bird life on both sides as the river slowly and majestically flows down to the Arabian Sea.
- All sailing kayaks are Walker Bay 10s' which are known to be the safest sailing kayaks in the world. They are modern and extremely stable having a very high buoyancy of 110/150 kg (solo) and 220/240 kg (tandems) respectively.
The kayaking trips start at all times during the day, beginning from 7.30 am and the last one being at 4.00 pm, depending on the tide. The duration of the trip is about 2.30 hours and 5-6 km is covered in that time period.
After you reach the announced starting point, you will be assisted by the friendly staff to the kayak.
At the end of the trip, the staff members will guide you back to your transport for return.