Rahul Alvares is a herpetologist and famous wildlife expert from Goa. Besides snake watching and photography workshops, his wildlife tours for bird watching in north Goa and the Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary are sought after by nature enthusiasts and tourists. As Goa is much known for its beaches and adventure sports, few people are aware of the immensely rich biodiversity of the Western Ghats. Grab this opportunity to get closer to nature and experience the enchantment! Rahul's love for wild ensures that he does not miss out on any trip he hosts. Explore the nestled sites where birds like Malabar Pied Hornbills and Indian Pittas can be spotted and photographed. The sight of these exotic birds is enthralling and the experience is rare. So don't miss out on this unique trip!
What is included in the tour
- Innova car (air-conditioned)
- The Socorro plateau is famous for forest birds like black hooded orioles, golden-mantled leaf birds, white-cheeked barbets, plum headed parakeets, purple sunbirds, jungle babblers, blue tailed bee eaters, black-rumped woodpeckers and the like!
- Paithona stream and Pilerne lake are ideal locations for spotting pied kingfishers, woolly necked storks, bronze-winged jacanas, purple herons, Indian rollers and marsh harriers.
- Rahul Alvares is a herpetologist and famous wildlife expert from Goa and progeny of famous parents, environmentalist Claude Alvares and Padma Shri Norma Alvares.
- Rahul organises custom wildlife tours for bird watching in North Goa and the Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary, snake watching, etc, besides photography workshops where he shares his knowledge of photography.
6:00 am- Pick up from the hotel (within 10 km of Calangute)
- Meet Rahul Alvares
- Have breakfast
- Enjoy watching birds in north Goa at the Socorro plateau, Paithona stream and Pilerne lake
10:00 am- Drop to the respective hotels